Monday, August 11, 2008

Berry Picken



We went exploring two days ago and found all these blackberry bushes! We also went hiking though the woods and around every corner I think I heard... "OMG that's the Biggest tree I have ever seen!" "Whoa look at this one- Whoa look at that one!" No, it wasn't the kids saying that... it was Bill:) Although, if anyone heard him they would have thought he was five! He gets SO excited about stuff like that- its too funny!
So as we were hiking we saw an owl! Shoot myself -I didn't have my camera-I KNOW!! So we went back the next day with my camera but our little owl friend was gone:( or hiding! He was so close too it would have been an amazing picture-bummer!
But we took our buckets and picked the black berries and let Moose swim in the river...Happiest Dog EVER!!
Picking blackberries was fun for the kids but again I think Bill had more fun:) He ate about half and saved a few for pie! Nobody liked the pie though! We will try blackberry Milkshakes tonight!!Can you see the SMILE!!

Tried to capture just how Big the trees were but it's impossible. They are taller than you can see and if we all held hands we may fit around it!

4 comments:

3 wonderful gifts said...

WOW sounds like a wonderful outing just to take in all of Gods glory and creations.

Moms Gone Godly said...

You guys have such a wonderful life. I mean who gets to go eat berries and hug trees whenever they feel like it! How awesome! And as always, great pictures:)

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love blackberries! That looked like so much fun. I love the pic of Moose! It made me smile. :)

Anonymous said...

You take awesome pictures! That last one needs to be framed and on my wall. Did that sound stalkerish? You should definitely start charging for your work, its gorgeous!